Sunday, January 8, 2012

Is it weird?

Tell me, is it weird that I get emotional going through Malia's "newborn" clothes?!
I was sorting through her clothes today and rotating the smaller ones and putting them in storage
and I teared up multiple times. I don't want her to grow up. I am not ready for it. 
It's a bitter sweet feeling, that's for sure!

SWEET:
It is so exciting to see her grow and improve her little motor skills.
Right now, she is so persistent on sitting up. 
Unless she is really tired, she will now lay down for ANYTHING! 
She is constantly making a face that people do when they do "sit ups."
It is one of the cutest things we've ever seen!  
She talks non-stop (just like her mommy) and smiles from ear to ear. 
BITTER:
She is no longer my little baby. She's growing so fast, 
enough to move up a size in clothes and diapers.
She is becoming more independent and trying to do everything on her own, 
without the help of her parents.
Obviously she isn't able to do that much without us, but it sure feels like it.
Just today, 4 different people have come up to me and Nick
and said how much older she is looking.

STOP!! JUST STOP!! 
Where has my precious little baby gone? 
I feel like time is flying by way too fast, and I need to find a way to stop time.
And maybe if doctors could figure out some kind of technology that could 
stunt the growth and make babies small forever! 
(And puppies and kittens, too.)
But I am not ready for her to grow up on me just yet.
Everyone always tells you that time will fly by, 
but I wasn't expecting it to go by this fast. 
Malia will be 3 months old this next week.  
I know you guys are all rolling your eyes thinking that she's still SOOO young, 
but when I was looking at her little newborn onsies, 
I couldn't believe that she ever fit into them. 
And to think that was just a couple weeks ago.
We are letting her sleep in her crib tonight for the first time.
It's going to be so hard for me to look over at her bassinet and her not be in it. 
We just need to cherish the time that I have with her 
because before we know it she'll be graduating high school, 
and getting married, and having her own little babies...
in just the blink of an eye. 

My favorite book of all time is 
"Love You Forever"
My mom and sisters made me a vinyl plaque for her nursery that says, 
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
I couldn't have said it better myself.





3 comments:

  1. I think every Mom can relate! Just wait til she goes to Kindergarten or when she starts to walk and talk. Druw and sis are growing up waaaay to fast! On numerous occasions i have written in my journal how much I would love to just pause time right where it is. When I sit back and really think about them being "little" for such a short time and how fast it goes by, at least for me, I look at things differntly, I try to live in the moment and soak up and enjoy every moment I can. Give Malia a kiss for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get sad when I pack away clothes they have grown out of too:( She'll always be your little baby girl, always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Valuable info. Lucky me I found your website accidentally, and I am shocked why this coincidence didn't came about earlier! I bookmarked it.
    Vento 800 Series Model 8906 Oboe

    ReplyDelete